Tutorial: How to Jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 untethered
If you are an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad user get ready for the big news as n iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak by the name PanGu has been released by an unknown Chinese team of hackers. At first, many stayed away from it due to safety reasons. But now many reputed jailbreak developers has confirmed that the tool is safe to use as there is no security threat to any device and its data. In the guide below we will show you how to jailbreak iOS 7.1.1.
Today millions of people are jailbreaking their devices not only to customize their devices but also to enhance its performance and usability. My favorite tweaks are customizing springboard behavior, animations and the new apple control panel buttons. This is something that you can’t enjoy on your unjailbroken device. On the other hand Android offers much more flexibility when it comes to customizing your user experience. A jailbreak gives you that kind flexibility on your iOS device. Jail-breaking is not illegal and it doesn’t harm your device. It also doesn’t invalidate your device’s warranty. You will just need to restore your device to get rid of jailbreak, and your phone will be restored to factory settings.
Here’s how to Jailbreak iOS 7.1.1
1. Backup your device, then restore it via iTunes. Even if it is already on iOS 7.1 1. Because it is always better to jailbreak a fresh device. When the jailbreak process is complete then restore your device with the backup you have created.
2. Download the PanGu jailbreak tool which we are going to use to Jailbreak i)S7.1.1. Unfortunately this tool is currently not available for Mac. Just Windows for now. Now run the tool with iTunes closed but, first make sure your device is connected to Pc.
3. Un-tick the Option Box to ensure that only Cydia-the jail-breaking tool database, is installed. Untick the option box as shown below. This tool has not been made in English so ignore the strange language.
4. Click the Run button on the right of the Pango tool as shown below. Again, Make sure that iTunes is closed and your device is connected to PC.
5. Wait for the message box to appear after a few seconds. This is an important step which requires you to change the date and time in order to continue to next step.
6. Change the date and time. This tool requires a developer account to work, which was closed by Apple on 2nd June. So you need to change your devices time to this date, which is 2nd June at 8:30pm or 20:30 if you have the 24hr clock set. Go to Settings>General>Date and Time, and change the date and time. The tool will continue on its own when you have done this and a Pangu icon will appear on your device’s screen next to other apps.
7. Click on the PanGu icon to continue. A message may pop up, click continue.
8. Now your device will restart and a message will be displayed as shown below while it boots back.
9. Click the PanGu icon once again and your device will restart, and you will no longer see it on your device’s screen.
10. Finally, you will see Cydia icon in your apps list after reboot. This is the App responsible for all the tweaks and customization.
11. You need to click on Cydia first in order to create its file system which allows you to access all the sources. This will only take a few minutes. Your device will restart again. Congratulations, your device is jailbroken now.
12. Now you can restore your backup which you have created just before the jail breaking process. Remember to correct your device’s date and time.
Let us know in your comments if you faced any problem with the jailbreaking process of iOS 7.1.1.